Saturday, October 27, 2007

School wide blogging

Ironically, the second blog I visited discussed a topic that I was reflecting on in my earlier blog: how can I use it in my classroom. Duh!! SOmetimes I get so mad at myself that I didn't think of something first. Why not use the blog in a portfolio sense as the author of this blog discussed? This would be far preferable to colleges visiting students myspace accounts. I think it's an interesting idea but I'd like to see one that is fully functioning. (So, I checked out the Macbeth blog -- very interesting).

From viewing her entries, it seems like this teacher has been doing extensive research on the concept of the student blog. She's wavering between student's individual blogs or a blog that is organized by the school. The advantage of the latter is that students can see other students' work. But, she understands students will be tempted to use this to cheat.

No comments: